The following recipes are adapted to showcase the Top 10 Superfoods from our blog post “Top 10 Superfoods You Should Be Including In Your Diet”
Cranberry Avocado Salad
- 12 oz. spinach
- 2 medium avocados, sliced or diced
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup roasted almonds
- balsamic vinegar based dressing of choice
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste!
Courtesy of: Paleoleap
Chili Salmon and Broccoli Bowls
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (La choy is gluten free)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- In a small sauce pan with a lid bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer until all liquid is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and carefully add two rows of lemon slices. Lay the salmon skin side down and let cook covered for five minutes.
- Remove lid and carefully flip salmon, cover and let cook another five minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- At this point you can remove the lemon slices from the pan if you wish. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the sauce and the broccoli, cover and let cook for 3 minutes.
- To assemble bowls add rice, salmon, broccoli, and spoon out additional sauce from the pan if you wish.
Courtesy of Annie Holmes @maebells
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 3/4 of a cup of almonds
- 3/4 of a cup of walnuts or any other nut
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- Start by placing the almonds, walnuts, ground flax seed and chia seeds in your food processor. Blend for 1 minute, until the a flour forms and the nuts have crumbled.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, pitting the dates before adding those. Blend for another minute until a stick dough forms.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls, place in a bowl and store in the fridge.
- Bite and enjoy! Just try not to eat them all at once!
Courtesy of Deliciously Ella
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups Greek-style nonfat yogurt (stirred)
- 1-1/2 cup Nutorious Blueberry Lemon Nut Crunch (chopped)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix honey and lemon nice in a small bowl, set aside
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of fresh blueberries into each of the 4 parfait glasses
- Spoon 1/4 cup of Greek-style nonfat yogurt over blueberries in each glass.
- To each with 1 tablespoon of Nutorious Blueberry Lemon Nut Crunch and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the lemon honey mixture over the top
- Repeat steps 2-4.
- Garnish as desired (shown with a lemon twist and strawberry.
- Serve immediately
Courtesy of nutorious nut crunch